Who else wants to feel totally energized, vibrant, and renewed this summer? Who wants to feel the best they’ve ever felt, lose some weight, and think more clearly than ever before? If this speaks to you, then join me this summer for an anti-inflammation detox and elimination diet!
Is a detox right for you?
• Do you have trouble concentrating and/or staying focused?
• Do you feel tired or lethargic?
• Do you experience frequent colds or flues?
• Do you have joint pain or stiffness?
• Do you get frequent headaches?
• Are you overweight?
• Have you had a change in body odor or taste in your mouth?
• Do you have dark circles under your eyes?
• Does you skin lack luster?
• Do you have acne, eczema, or psoriasis?
• Do you have constipation (less than one bowel movement/day)?
• Do you have gas, bloating, or indigestion?
• Do you look puffy or bloated?
• Do you have high cholesterol or fatty liver disease?
If you answered “yes” to any of the following questions, then consider detoxing!
What is a detox?
A detox removes toxins from the body, almost like a “spring clean” for the soul to renew your inner self. We are exposed to numerous toxins every day, whether it’s through the air we breath, the food we eat, or the products we use. Stress is a very large contributor to inflammation too, and is also responsible for 75-90% of hospital visits.
As a result of all these toxins in our system, our body becomes inflamed. Although inflammation is typically the body’s natural, healthy immune response (think redness, soreness, or swelling), chronic inflammation often flies under the radar, disengaging the inflammation shut-off button. Chronic, low-level inflammation is also known as the “silent killer,” because it develops without pain and research shows it can lead to obesity, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disease among other illnesses.
There are different types of detoxes out there, but I want to focus on the anti-inflammation detox, because reducing levels of inflammation is SO critical for achieving optimum health and avoiding big health problems down the road. This anti-inflammation detox focuses on hormone balance, limiting stress levels, improving sleep, and the elimination diet, which are all important factors that’ll contribute to abundant health and wellbeing. Hormones control everything in our body from the reproductive system to mood, energy levels, sleep, and appearance. All of the sources I previously mentioned that cause inflammation also can cause hormonal imbalances, and create symptoms like irritability, fatigue, inability to lose weight, unhealthy food cravings, and even conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis, or heart disease.
Health Benefits To Expect From This Detox:
- Improved hormonal balance and fat burning with better liver function.
- Relief from the effects of harmful excess estrogen (sex hormone).
- Reduced insulin and less inflammation.
- Restored serotonin activity and enhanced mood, memory, and focus.
- Maximized activity of thyroid hormone (energy hormone).
- Support of the breakdown and clearance of cortisol (stress hormone) from the body.
- Better appetite control, freedom from cravings, and enhanced fat burning through improved leptin levels.
- Diminished cellulite.
From this detox you will also learn to identify food sensitivities and allergies, which I will get into more just below.
1. Media Detox
This portion of the detox might be hardest for most. Although you will not need to abstain from media entirely, the more you can power down (especially before bed), the better. This will help greatly to reduce stress levels and improve sleep.
2. Restorative Sleep
Getting quality sleep is extremely important for balancing hormones and reducing inflammation. It also makes it easier for us to stick with our health goals.
3. Replace home goods, cleaning products, and beauty products with natural, chemical-free products
Although this can be costly, over time I recommend switching out products for natural, chemical-free, or homemade versions to reduce and eliminate toxins. Think about it, over 80,000 industrial chemicals have been developed in the last 80 years, and these chemicals are found in almost every commercial product you use! These chemicals completely disrupt hormone balance and contribute to life-threatening illnesses.
4. Stress Management
Most of us suffer from stress in some way, whether it’s environmental, from food, work-related, relationship-related, personal, or psychological. When stress goes untreated, it suppresses the body’s immune system and ultimately manifests as illness. Stress is also a huge contributor to digestive troubles. Throughout this detox I will be coaching participants on ways to reduce and eliminate stress, since stress also leads to inflammation!
5. The Elimination Diet
It’s hard to pinpoint food allergies or sensitivities, so this part of the detox will help you discover your trigger foods. Over 10 days, we will eliminate some of the most toxic or most commonly allergenic foods from the diet: sugar, processed foods and hydrogenated oils, alcohol, caffeine, corn, dairy, cigarettes, red meats, citrus fruit, peanuts, night shade vegetables, and gluten.
Don’t freak out. You may be thinking “well what’s left for me to eat?,” but that’s where I step in. Not only will I be coaching you through this process, but I will also set up a support system with the rest of the group members. I will provide you with delicious recipes, meal plans, and whole food education, and don’t forget, I will be joining you for this detox too!
After the ten days of the elimination diet, then the real work starts. Over the course of about three weeks you will begin to reintroduce one food at a time back to your diet. Introduce a food, see how you feel after eating it for two days, then eliminate that food again and start with a new food for two days. This process repeats itself until you’ve tested out all types of inflammatory foods.
The great thing about this detox is that you will feel so much better afterwards that it’ll be easier to incorporate this type of eating on your own. You’ll be resetting and refreshing your body, so you may even notice that you might not even crave some of the foods you used to crave before, making healthy eating way more convenient!
What You’ll Get With This Detox
For $50.00 (USD), you will receive health coaching, group support, recipes, meal plans, and tips to set yourself up for lasting health improvements! My health coaching services are normally triple this rate, so take advantage of this opportunity!
Here is what to expect:
-the anti-inflammation overview packet
- information I’ve compiled about the detox
- detox Q & A
- list of foods to eliminate
- list of foods to include
- types of activities to include
-tips and tricks that’ll help with the detox, but will also help you after the detox
- stress management techniques
- whole food education
- identifying and deconstructing cravings
- group health coaching with check ins a couple times a week
- helpful tips to help you through the detox
-recipes and meal plan
- a sample meal plan for 10 days
- recipes for every meal
- access to a Facebook support group with other members
- a partner to share triumphs and set backs with and to have as an accountability coach
- I’ll be regularly posting tips and tricks here to help with the detox
-unlimited email support with me
- I’ll be available to answer any questions via email
If this detox speaks to you, then please write me an email so I’ll have your contact information! This detox will begin the week of July 13, 2015, but it is important to give yourself at least a week leading up to the beginning of the detox to get yourself ready!
You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to visit my website and sign up for my newsletter www.jkhealthcoach.com.