Looking for a fast, delicious way to prepare zucchini? Then try some zucchini fritters!
All you need is a skillet, a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, a food processor or box grater. There aren’t too many ingredients, so this can definitely be a budget-friendly meal.
Serves 1-2 people
-2 medium-sized zucchini, grated (using box grater or a food processor)
-1/4 cup flour (use coconut flour for a gluten-free version)
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1 large egg, beaten
-salt and pepper
-2 tablespoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1. Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
3. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
5. Smash the avocado in a bowl using a mallet or spoon. Scoop the avocado onto the zucchini fritters and add hot sauce to your liking. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Original Recipe: damndelicious.net