Over the next few days, I plan to post three new recipes, all which are healthy and easy to cook.
This recipe was requested by a friend at dinner last night. My maple glazed delicata squash comes out so sweet and delicious and is a dish easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a cookie sheet, parchment paper, and a small bowl. It takes approximately 30 minutes to make. I tend to eyeball a lot, but the following steps have worked for me:
-1 delicata squash (serves 2 people)
-1-2 tbs butter (melted)
-1 tbs organic maple syrup
-1 tbs olive oil (or enough to lightly coat the sides of the squash)
-salt and pepper
-optional: 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
1. Peel the squash. Remove the end of the squash and discard. Cut the squash into rings, as seen above, and then scoop out centers with a spoon or clean fingers. Discard seeds.
2. Coat both sides of squash rings with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl or dish, combine melted butter with syrup and optional soy sauce. Coat rings with the mixture on each side, but save some mixture for basting during cooking.
4. Lay rings out on cookie sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes. Turn rings over using tongs or chopsticks and baste rings in the butter/syrup mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes. If the squash are not soft then keep in the oven a little longer.