Lemon water is refreshing and full of health benefits. Start the morning off with a glass of water (at room temperature) with fresh lemon before eating and try having a glass before meals to help with digestion. Lemon water is not only thirst quenching, but also eliminates toxins and restores our body of vitamins, minerals and trace elements that we need.
The following are various health benefits of lemon water:
1. Aids in weight loss and digestion. Lemons contain fiber, which reduces cravings.
2. Helps with constipation.
3. Lemons contain potassium. Potassium provides energy and helps the nervous system.
4. Cleanses the liver of toxins.
5. Reduces inflammation.
6. Hydrates and contains lots of electrolytes.
7. Freshens breath and fights tooth pain and gingivitis. However, try not to drink lemon water right before brushing your teeth (drink plain water instead), since the citric acid can erode tooth enamel. If you already have tooth enamel issues, consult with a dentist before consuming lots of acidity.
8. Reduces joint and muscle pain.
9. High levels of Vitamin-C help fight illness. Also good for pregnant woman, since lemons aid in the growth of bone tissue in their developing babies inside the womb.
10. Repairs skin by clearing blemishes and fighting wrinkles.
11. Full of alkaline, which balances PH levels and reduced chances of cancer, since cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
Hot tea with lemon, honey, and ginger is another good, cleansing option. In Ayurvedic practices, morning rituals should always start with tea with fresh ginger, lemon, and raw honey. Ayurveda is a 5000-year-old form of natural healing native to India which focuses on achieving good health by balancing mind, body, and spirit.